How to fix the WHM CSF security test errors!
As a part of ensuring security, Hostdens perform a CSF security scan from WHM. We may get the following error after the scan.
“Check csf LF_SCRIPT_ALERT option WARNING This option will notify you when a large amount of email is sent from a particular script on the server, helping track down spam scripts”
To fix this error :
1) SSH into the server.
2) Edit the csf configuration file by using following command:
3) Search for LF_SCRIPT_ALERT = “0″
4) Change the value from “0″ to “1″ to fix the issue.
5) Restart the CSF.
You may also get the following error :
“Check exim for extended logging (log_selector) WARNING You should enable extended exim logging to enable easier tracking potential outgoing spam issues. Add:log_selector = +arguments +subject +received_recipients”
1) Edit the exim configuration file by using following command :
2) Change the value from “log_selector = +all” to the following :
log_selector = +arguments +subject +received_recipients
3) Save changes.
4) Restart the CSF.
This should resolve the error
You must log in to post a comment.