Django was created by Adrian Holovaty and Simon Willison back in 2003. They were developers at a fast pace web news site called World Online. This news website had deadlines and they need a quick turn around on updating their website. But in PHP it’s not easy to work as compared to Python. So they started to work with Python and they took some ideas and actually built a web framework which is now called a Django.
In 2005 they released Django to the world as an Open Source project and now there is a tone of developers on Django who are currently updating it. The cool part about Django is, so much work has been put into Django and still continually putting into it. The Django is just kept getting better.
There are many times when it’s not good to use Django as an option as well as there are other times when using Django is the best option. So now when clients want a fully custom website, Django is important at this point. So we start with a pretty basic web framework at that point.
When a client wants a website and that too quickly then at that time we can use Django. You can develop websites very quickly using Django. Once you are used to developing sites in Django then you can develop them easily and quickly.
Features of Django:
- Django is a high-level web framework for Python programming language. Which are designed for developing websites including do no repeat yourself concept. What it means is that whatever these packages are there for Django, if you want to create something for your site then you probably should look for the package first.
- If you are just learning Python then it allows various tools, abstracts which are already built by someone then just by downloading it and installing it on your system is not beneficial for you as in Django you need to start from scratch as much as possible.
So let’s see who uses Django? Pinterest, Instagram, Bitbucket etc.
If you visit djangoproject.com then there you will get an actual list of a bunch of Django websites. So it will be beneficial to you if you are working through Django and if you have any questions then make it a habit to visit djangoproject.com and check out the documentation. As this documentation is very useful.
As discussed earlier the djangoproject.com provides a great documentation tool so that if you have any problem you can get a solution to your problem through this documentation otherwise you can get help from Google.
If we look at the djangoproject.com website they have described Django as a high-level Python web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. So one may ask what is web framework? It is a collection of tools used to built websites. The tools that Django comes with has following things:-
The tools are:- Object Relational Mapped(ORM) and it helps us in database queries.
It also comes with a URL routing:- Which helps us to determine what logic to use to follow depending upon the URL of a web request.
HTML templating:- Which allows us to apply presentation logic into an insert data into our HTML. You can create HTML templates, put data and make it Dynamic at runtime. Some other tools that come with Django are Handling UNI testing tools.
Django does not include :-
Django is not a programming language. Python is a programming language. Django is a tool written in Python that we use for developing the website. Django is not a web server itself, but it contains a built-in web server for convenience. But while developing a website it’s not used outside of the context. So when we deploy a Django on a live website it works in tandem with Apache, Nginx or other web servers as well.
What do we need to work with Django:-
First, we need to install Python and then we need to install Django. Django includes the following core framework:
- A lightweight and standalone web server,
- Form serialization,
- A caching framework,
- An internationalization system
- System for extending the capabilities of template engine.
It’s “Contrib.” package includes:
- An authentication system
- Dynamic Administrative Interface
- Tools for generating RSS feeds
- A site’s framework that allows one Django installation to run multiple
- Generates Google sitemaps.
- Built-in cross-site scripting, SQL injection, password cracking.
- A framework for creating GIS applications
To Meet your above all Django Hosting requirements, Hostdens provide unlimited Django hosting with best in class 24/7 hosting support and 30 day’s money back policy.
Domain Name Registration | $1 Unlimited Hosting | $2 Unlimited Windows Hosting | cheap shared hosting | cheap reseller hosting | Dedicated Servers
Connect with : Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
You must log in to post a comment.