10 things you need to know about entrepreneurs before starting a small business
The qualities that every entrepreneur has in common are numerous and there are few top 10 qualities and characteristics which we are going to discuss today.
Think about some entrepreneurs as you know people would have gone to achieve great success in their life and consider what is that which makes them go on and do so well? Many of them have done this against all odds and for many they desire to succeed has been gone as a necessity and desperation. I believe when someone is truly desperate they will do anything to make things better and the strength of this determination does not know any limiting factor and throw all limiting beliefs out of the window.
The qualities of the every successful entrepreneur are:
- A vision – They know what they want. They visualize themselves doing it. So they have the ‘what’ and they have to strive to make the ‘How’ happen. They do this by networking furiously. It is rare that a true entrepreneur will have a conversation with anyone without a purpose. They may not even be
awarewhy they are doing this; their natural curiosity to learn about the people that we learn what people want is just inherent within every entrepreneur.
- A Belief in themselves – All entrepreneurs have a strong belief in their ability although many successful people have said they
quietoften had no idea what they would doingfrom one day to the next. Their inner belief is what drove them on to success. They knew that Whatever hurdle may come across they would not stop at it. Subconsciously they know that obstacles are what drivethem and figuring out how to do and eventually getting around all over this is beneficial being mainmotivator. Their belief consciously grows otherwise what drives them forward all the time.
3. Courage – They confront fear and just do it. All entrepreneurs have courage, although they may not admit this to themselves or anyone else but they have this in abundance. They may present as confident but people think they are quirky with nerves but at least they take action that is what sets an entrepreneur above everyone else. They are always taking actions no long periods that studying for them to take the right action and they just go for it.
4. Ambition and determination – Every successful entrepreneur has ambition and determination although I would have to say that determination is the leading factor of their to reach here once they have ambition lots of it and you know only one better for themselves and their families is just knowing not enough. The determination that’s stealing drive that they have prepared them to consistently make things happen is what separates an entrepreneur from a regular business person.
5. Patience and perseverance – Every entrepreneur has patience and perseverance although entrepreneurs may have these in fewer quantities to stand among the regular people this is because of their vision coupled with the determination is pursuing them forward to their next goal. All of the time. All entrepreneurs knows however that success is not a overnight they know it requires efforts and they know they will make mistakes in the process. What they never do is lie down and play victim when something doesn’t go according to plan. They sees that the obstacle as a learning process for next time and use the learning from that experience which help them to face their next challenge.
6. Creativity and innovative – Entrepreneurs are by nature creative and innovative. You can even see this quality in young children. Some children receive financial rewards for doing chores at home. Some children receive financial support from their parents for doing nothing and some children go and find new ways of earning their own money. These are the entrepreneurs of the future. Obviously this group is much smaller than the first two mentioned there. But that is done to how their parents were raised. Their parents were probably raised by the philosophy that is someone tells you to do something and they pay you for it.
The entrepreneurial child sees money making opportunities all the times and that depends upon them and then they make the decision and don’t wait for someone else making the decisions for them.
7. Persistence- Entrepreneurs are nothing if not persistent. They know their idea is a good one and needs just the timing is not quite right, the location is not quite right, their marketing approach is not quite right but their approach will find a way to make things happen.
8. Result Oriented – Most entrepreneurs will not take no for an answer. When they are confronted to this response they may well ask the question, do you know someone who may be interested, who would you suggest I speak with? It’s true that they never allow a door to be closed without another even being slightly open. If they can’t immediately find that person who does they would find the person who knows one that does? They are driven not always by dollar signs, but just that great sense of achievement that comes with successful results; they will always set on themselves with light minded people as well as other action takers and the talk demonstrate don’t declare should be their motto.
9. Integrity – Entrepreneurs must have integrity and do not have this quality would be an applied to a contradiction in the actual definition of entrepreneur. Yes, they can be quiet ruthless but this will not be intentionally to stop over people but mainly because they are so driven because they are so interested in people and learning about them they treat them with respect because entrepreneurs know that without the backing of the people i.e. their potential customers, their planned venture will never materialize. That is why you see many of the most successful people on this earth are described as unassuming, humble, a good listener, kind, caring and always willing to put out a hand to help others. You cannot buy those qualities they are inherent and the true entrepreneurs have them in abundance.
10. Customer Focus – Every entrepreneur knows that without their customers they are nothing. Many regular business owners know this as well. So what separates the entrepreneurs in their approach with customer?
The main thing is that an entrepreneur truly values and appreciates its every customer. They know the power of word of mouth marketing over any other paid me means and this is what they try for. They want their product or service to be the people’s choice of product or service for what it does for them. For the value it brings them over anything else they constantly evaluate their competitors and bring something better, less costly but not lesser value and this exactly what their customers want and need at that time. Low budget airline owners are prime examples of putting and keeping your customer first.