Using Email marketing as a marketing medium for reaching out to the targeted audience is not sufficient. Nowadays, it has become very difficult to influence or impress the targeted audience. The biggest aspect required to be considered is even though you send emails to your audience, it is not confirmed that all of them will definitely read it. There are some users who will not read it without even opening the mail. Also, the spam filters used today are advanced and they might block your emails before it reaches to your prospective users. In some cases, the email can get deleted before it reaches to your prospective user. So RSS is a great alternative solution for it.
Without wasting time let’s try to understand the concept of RSS:
RSS is an abbreviation for Really Simple Syndication. In modern days people use RSS for publishing and marketing their content like headlines, newsletters, articles or news, etc. A simple language i.e. XML is used for writing to the RSS file. The format of the RSS file is Web Content Syndication.
The XML is similar to HTML but it is simpler to use. The RSS file or an RSS Reader consists of information like Title, Description, and Link URL, etc. This information is received by your targeted audience.
For instance consider following example:
<item> <title>Web Site Hosting | Marketing</title>
<description>Affordable Web Design in
The meaning of Syndication is that it is not required to browse each and every website independently for seeing what latest trend is, but instead of that you just have to scan through the headlines or brief summaries of articles and then click on the specific content which you want to read. Thus you will be able to read the full text regarding that content.
Let’s discuss the benefits of RSS Feeds:
- One of the important benefits of RSS Feeds is that it is dynamic i.e. as soon as the contents are changed, the reader will know it immediately.
- In a very short period of time, the consumer will be able to review a number of websites. In simple words, we can say that a consumer can review about 20 headlines and he is able to choose the one which he wants to read.
- The consumers who are afraid of subscribing to any of your magazines they will also be able to read the content even if they subscribe or unsubscribe i.e. RSS distributes the content to all the consumers.
- RSS feeds can bypass the spam filters, or firewalls and can also prevent from viruses. Usually, consumers choose opt-in for receiving the RSS feeds.
- RSS Feeds can be used as an alternative solution for sending or distributing the content alongside with the help of emails for sending the newsletters or magazines.
- RSS Feeds permits visitors to view not all of the publishers’ content instead of viewing the actual website.
- It is possible to include new content in your website i.e. with the help of an RSS Feed it is possible to publish the content of other people automatically.
- It helps in increasing the SEO ranking. All the search engines like the websites which offer fresh content to their consumers on a regular basis. It means that just add an article feed, it will give that new and fresh content.
- RSS Feeds save the time of consumers. It is possible for the consumer to find the data related to his interest in a short period of time, rather than wasting time on browsing more than one websites for finding that information i.e. the content which can be syndicated could be provided using RSS directly to the RSS reader. As described earlier, the consumer has to just scan the headlines of their interest and then click for going directly to the source content.
Let’s check out the various aspects for the need of a RSS Feed to a RSS reader:
As mentioned earlier, RSS feed is written in a simple language called XML, therefore the RSS readers can explain it as well as represent its coding, but it is not possible for a web browser. In near future RSS readers will become an integral part of each and every browser as well as email. But in current time you will require an independent reader. The use of RSS Feeds is to bring fresh and regularly updated content to the consumers or RSS readers from all of their interested websites. Therefore it is not required to verify whether the particular website has been updated or not.
Thus you can say that RSS Feeds helps in bringing the updated data / information directly to the consumers or RSS readers desktop or any other device. The RSS readers can manage news, or classifieds, or job listings etc. A RSS Feed can be identified by a small orange button which is present on the website and it is titled as RSS or XML. Even though if any consumer or RSS reader clicks any one of these links, they are most likely to receive a page full code in their browser. Thus for appropriately reading the RSS Feed, that consumer needs an RSS reader.
Usually the content that is being published in an RSS Feed is normally configured for setting out the notifications each time a fresh content is made available. Due to which the fresh content is immediately made available to both the RSS readers as well as RSS search engines. On the other hand, with the regular web pages that are mostly inert and usually most of the times are not accessible to many of us unless and until the search engine crawler locate and index them. Once they get indexed, these pages get slight chance of being read by website browsers that too not on a regular basis.
So it is quite simple with RSS Feeds, than browsing each and every website for fresh content i.e. rather than visiting web browser of the computer and checking every website, it is far more better to open your RSS feed reader and it will show you 2 or 3 paned window which permits you to view it as it would appear, which are the websites that have included fresh content and then scan the headlines which are clickable and read the summaries of that content. Consider just looking at the updates information about 10 – 15 websites at a time and no need to wait for any page to load! What a relief!
Let’s look at the RSS tools which will be required:
Following is the list of few of the most widely used RSS readers for reading the RSS Feeds or news etc.:
RssReader: – It is free of cost.s
Other RSS Readers: – Only if you wish to try your hand towards some other newsreaders before making the final decision. The major point to be considered before using RSS Feeds is that they must be fast as well as simple for downloading, installing, and begin including feeds. If you could not find anything like this, then try to find one with the specified features.
Let’s discuss How to get on with RSS?
Just right click on the orange button i.e. RSS button for every RSS Feed which interests the consumers. Then select “Copy Shortcut” option, and “Copy Link to Clipboard” for Mac users and “Copy Link Location” if the user is using Firefox browser, then paste that URL into the consumers’ RSS Reader. That’s it! The consumer has been subscribed.
Now the consumers will be able to quickly scan the websites of their interest without getting hammered by unwanted email messages.
That’s all for today! I think you find this information helpful. Please do not forget to leave a comment in the comment section below! Bye for now! See you soon with another interesting blog!