How ATTENDING NETWORKING EVENTS Can Help you Grow your Business
Fortunately, we are living in an era where there are many opportunities for spreading name of your business. You can use various Medias like online media and offline media. As per today’s topic we can say that this era also provides exciting marketing possibilities.
Let’s see examples of some of the online and offline Medias like Search engine Optimization, Email Marketing, Video Marketing, Attending various courses as well as getting certified and attending some networking events etc.
So, we will be discussing about the attending Networking Events. Experts say that the potential of networking events is immense and timeless. In Networking Events you go out, meet new people and after listening to their experiences you can build a long lasting relationship with people which will help you in moving your business forward successfully!
Now it is generally seen that networking is not an easy task. If you are an extrovert person, then this quality will help you in networking, but if you are introvert person , then there can be some issues initially because the networking events which are being attended by such introverted persons are mostly full of strangers and at that time introducing yourself can be nerve racking or stressful.
At the time of marketing your business, networking events plays a very important role in growing your business. So let’s check out some of the important tips while attending networking events:
- Get rid of your nervousness before attending the networking events in advance.
- Keep your business cards, cell phone, pen, notebook if required etc. with you.
- It will be a great opportunity while shaking your hands with people as you can share your business cards or email id or contact information with them.
- Eat your food beforehand, if food is not going to be served. It will keep you energized.
- Give importance to the dress code.
- If possible check the list of attendants before the event so that you can identify important people with whom you would like to spend your time with.
- Once you have located them, then based on some common topics you can start the conversation with them.
- Thus you will be able to identify people who are in sync with you and you can exchange some important work with each other.
There are some more points to be remembered at the time of attending networking events: –
- Try to arrive early to the event. It will give you an opportunity to a great start to the event.
- You will find smaller groups of people there so make yourself comfortable and try to mix with them.
- Also focus on your body language as it will be vital key during that time.
- Don’t make them feel that you are nervous, be at ease.
- It does not look good if you immediately start talking about yourself and your business. Instead take some time, listen to the other people, and show interest in their business.
- Doesn’t practice your business speech as such type of events is about building relationship so keep it as a fun and informal.
- Avoid talking too long with one person; try to gain knowledge as much as possible.
- If you receive any business card, you can write down the information of that person at the back of the card which will help you to remember that person.
Once the networking event gets over take some time for connecting with people through LinkedIn or any other online social media, who met you at the event. Thus you will be able to get in touch with them. You can also use your existing network.
If you have got connected with someone really well, then you can contact them and can offer them for meeting over lunch or any other suitable time for continuing your conversation forward.